Wednesday, June 20, 2007

CRom gets dirty

This post is almost like an episode of X-Family Letters, except it's written by a Romney.

Title: "Only One Thing Can Wear My Dad Out"

heh heh heh. I bet I know what that is.

Starts off predictably, in the long expository, wholesome style that gets you set up for the big contrast:
The entire family was gathered together in New Hampshire last week to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was a great reason to see everyone, especially all of my nieces and nephews. The weather wasn't exactly cooperative (we were in the midst of a nor'easter), but we still managed to have some fun. My brother, Ben, and I played home run derby in the middle of a snow storm. I was even thinking about jumping in the lake before we arrived, but it was still covered with ice when we got there.
Then it sort rambles on about Romney fixing rain gutters and being unable to relax and enjoy downtime. He's got infinite energy! He won't take long vacations while the world falls apart! He'll use his power tools and build manly stuff like picnic tables. Anyway, back to the topic at hand.
I discovered later that day that there is one thing that can wear my dad out, however. My wife, Mary, and I had a campaign event in Manchester the same night of the storm. I'll touch more on the event itself in later postings. Anyway, my mom . . .
And that's the teaser (look here to see what I mean, and scroll toward the bottom)! Read More? Of course I'll read more! What sort of naughty thing did your mom do that left everyone in a big sweaty heap by the end of the night?

Alas, it turns out that Romney's allegedly infinite energy can be exhausted by an 11 month old after a few trips around the house. Pretty weak, and definitely calls into question CRom's powers of evaluation. Grampa is old, fella.

No comments: